Audi Forum - Fourtitude banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the knob switch on my pre-facelift 8P climate control unit. Albeit with a bit of extra hassle, I bought one unit from ebay with seat heat to pull the knobs off of, but when it came the original owner had sliced the left side of the knob coatings with an X-acto! I got a partial refund for this, but ended up getting another unit (without seat heat) and pulled the knobs off of this one and retrofitted the pre-facelift knobs back onto this unit. Now I have two spare units I don't need. They should be working but I can't test them as my a3 is an 06. Buttons are in good condition, but the knobs are swapped on one and damaged on the other.

Asking $50 OBO for both, $10 to ship in the lower 48. Pics attached, PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Do you know if any of the individual buttons are removable? (specifically the "- / +" button?) I might be interested in picking one of these up to cannibalize for parts if I can swap buttons pretty easily.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
clips

Do you know if any of the individual buttons are removable? (specifically the "- / +" button?) I might be interested in picking one of these up to cannibalize for parts if I can swap buttons pretty easily.
The knob swap thread has some good images of the inside here:

I didn't try messing with them when it was open, but I would guess it's the plastic clips by the metal springs on the back of the face, or just full face swap minus the knobs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts